Saturday, June 6, 2015

What is going on here?

Hey.

I didn't used to do the binge watching/watch a series from start to finish/read an entire series thing. But at this point I don't have the patience to watch TV, really (aside from winter/spring sports), and with the summer doldrums approaching, I'll probably become a serial series monogamist. (Lord knows that's the only form of monogamy I'm practicing these days.)

Since I sometimes have thoughts, and I only plan on watching/reading top-notch series which cause wild thoughts to appear, I thought I may as well collect them, here, to serve as a record for both of us. Don't expect them to be deep or particularly thoughtful; hopefully, as my grip over my emotions loosens, they'll be visceral. And also quirky—chances are we, dear reader, approach life very differently.

My plan is to blog after every episode or group of episodes. Or just episodes I find interesting. Expect irregularity.

To give you a background, here's what I've done in the past few years:

Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra
Veronica Mars
Parks and Recreation
Sherlock
Orhan Pamuk's novels

Here's what's on my list now:

Mad Men
Seinfeld 
Phineas and Ferb (just need to finish)
Breaking Bad
Curb Your Enthusiasm

I'm full of obscure allusions, bad puns, and subtle satire, and I'm also relentlessly self-deprecating and pretentiously cynical. Hope you're into that. I don't like stupidity sans humility. Hope you're not into that.

Finally, in case you didn't guess: there will be spoilers. I imagine that won't be a problem for most of you since I'm only getting to these way after you are, but fair warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment